Friday, October 11, 2013

The Job of being a Mom

...over my 29 year career of being a mom-- i have had 19 "other jobs" some  felt very fulfilling knowing i was helping others -other ones i can barely remember and know none remembers the magazine I delivered, the gas prices i polled, the product i demonstrated, the music or cookware I sold them -  maybe they remember something i taught them- A family portrait I took-- a fundraising goal I helped them accomplish or a way to stretch their body to do more --but maybe they don't---All of these things are a means to an end  -- i hope those who find fulfilling work can not feel tortured-tried and pulled every day --         ----- I do know My adult children know I love them and remember happy times --sad times and sometimes not  enough time-- But the hours- days and years spent making pictures in the clouds-- reading piles of library books--baking cookies--building snowmen--building towers of blocks --building school projects --chaperoning dances--being a room mom--memorizing scriptures-spelling words and  poems --collecting scouting for food---groundings---hiking- making mistakes---painting--drawing- cub scouting-up after midnight waiting for them to get home safe--gymnastics--bike rides--FHE-going to church--driving --were not forgotten --they were building character --building senses of humor-building- good citizens --building brilliant ,lovely, kind, imperfect adults who will be better parents than we were-- If you read this far I hope you enjoy all your jobs-and please know being a Mom is the hardest job you will ever love-and the most  important-

3 comments:

Robin said...

that is so true. we are so blessed.

Kamao Poot said...

Find best Home based Business without any work, just invest and rest with your profit
EarningsClub.com

esopop01 said...

Hello, I am a gaming enthusiast, recommend a good gold site, where there quickly, cheap and safe gold:TESO Gold at http://www.esosale.com/