Thursday, August 06, 2009

Thirteen Things to take on a road trip

Thursday Thirteen


These are some of the things I have learned to have in the car that make a road trip more bearable please add to it
1. Maps(even if you have GPS)
2. GPS
3. A book to read (on CD or MP3 if you are the only driver)
4. My favorite music
5. Baby wipes they clean up EVERYthing
6.Snacks including(Gum)
7. bottled water
8. Coins handy for toll roads
9. Pen and paper
10. Small blanket for those who do not agree on a/c temp
11. Cell phone of course
12. Pillow for naps
13. And most important for me my Camera esp so I do not miss fun catches like this


What would you add?

12 comments:

colleen said...

pens and a notebook so I can write about those great pictures and other stuff.

Calico Crazy said...

Cool list, these things tend to be in my car all the time, except for the GPS.

Alice Audrey said...

I recommend an audio book regardless of who is driving. They can work wonders in quieting the kids down.

jillconyers said...

This is almost identical to our travel list for the family trip to DC.

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

My list is very similar to yours with the addition of a roll of paper towel (handy for drink spills,rain issues, & more)and a mini first aid kit.

PS - don't forget the charger cord for the cell phone! Not that I've done that or anything.

Britni said...

I don't know...I always remember what to bring once I've already left.

Love My Cottage Garden said...

Sunscreen for the drivers arm!
Ibuprofen and sudafed are necessary on all of our road trips and Gas X for fast food stops! And Definately sunglasses and binoculars if you are a passenger!! I love road trips!

Sue said...

You nailed it..That is everything I would have.

Lynda said...

don't have a GPS but do keep the other things in the car - I also have binoculars ;0)

Laura said...

Enjoyed visiting your blog this morning, and thank you for the list.

I too am a great fan of baby wipes.

I'll be back,
Laura

nikko said...

Having four kids in the van with me, my list was slightly different. :o)

I would also include chapstick on your list. My lips get so dry!

I have a good life said...

What a great list! Hope you are having a wonderful time on your road trip! I have been thinking about you.